Thursday, July 19, 2007

What a day!

I'm ticked off. I paid off a bill last month, and wouldn't you know that they sent me a bill? I'm three months behind when I paid it off last month. I called and gave them all the information that they needed so I could be square with them. Just another place to call tomorrow.

I'm going to start collecting my unemployment starting tomorrow. It is my "waiting" period so I can officially start drawing it next week. I have enough unemployment that we can survive until the middle of January/first of February. I really do not think that I'll be waiting that long for my SSI to start, but this is the Federal government. They still are sitting on my $7k in back child support over a measley $850ish that Naruto owes them. When is it going to come in? That is another place to call tomorrow...SSA and gripe out the supervisor so that the check gets unchecked or the check gets put into the proper place. It's a simple thing but the Muskogee office can't deal with it. It has to go higher.

It only took Naruto six times (getting out of bed) before he went to bed. If that dream catcher works, then it's worth every penny that I paid for it today. Granted, I have to remember to "shake it out and put the trashbag by the road" before I go and get him. But if it works, it works. He still won't get his 20 Naruto/Pokemon/YuGiOh cards in the morning. He's not supposed to get out at all.

School here starts in three weeks. I'm so ready. I called Greenwood today to doublecheck if Naruto has his JOM paperwork filled out so that I don't have to buy anything but a backpack for him. I wish I knew what he was going to need that JOM didn't normally have around. He's got enough clothes to start school in. I think he's got four new long sleeve shirts for the colder weather. He's got some old ones that are still in good shape. It's Elmo who doesn't have jeans. I don't know if he needs size 3T or 4T. Then again, I need to see what his RichAunt has given me for him. I swear RichAunt blows more money on clothes than I will get on MY disability in a month.

I started looking for a house today. Talked to someone at the BigRealEstate place here in Tahlequah. Wouldn't you know that the houses I can barely afford have less than 1k square feet? We have a small house...bigger than the two that were between $30.5k and $60k. I would love to buy the one next door to me. Imagine that hard move. It's big. It's in wonderful shape with the exception of the front window, but they are willing to replace that when it sells. I could move in immediately only for the small price tag of $65K. It's definately bigger than these few I saw. One set of houses I saw the listing for had two bed/one bath and was $2.5k less than a 3bed/one bath home. Sorry but that third bed is worth the $2.5k difference in price. Problem, as far as I'm concerned, is that it's Cherokee Elementary school and not Greenwood. Greenwood, no matter what, is the LRE for Naruto and later Elmo. His teacher is wonderful and we have a good relationship. Naruto likes her. That counts for a lot. Because it's the LRE, the bus will carry him there. Thank goodness for IDEA and all those wonderful bits of educational law for the disabled. If the boys go to Cherokee Elem, they would either be mainstreamed (cause all the MR kids have been taken out of their classroom and mainstreamed) or they would be placed in the ED classroom since they are ED. Bus routes wouldn't matter either because they would ride the handicapped bus. They have to go to ALL the schools.

Tomorrow, I guess I better start calling everyone. I need to write down whom I need to call including a former boss who is a complete jerkoffski. Maybe he can tell me about FmHA loans which would help us make the payment on the house. I just do not want him to know where I am or that it's me calling. I left his name and number with the real estate person so she can call as well.

No comments: