Saturday, July 7, 2007

Something good for a change

Well, my girlfriends on a special list I'm on (and you ladies know whom you are) are worried about me being alone. For now, I'm fine. I made a phone call who made a phone call who made a bunch of phone calls. The boys, my biggest headaches while being the loves of my life, went to play with one family. I had six women in my house for two hours. All that I have to do, besides getting Elmo to take a nap which he really needs, is to wash lunch dishes and mop the floor. The science projects in the fridge will be coming out soon and a new soup will be started.

Problem with the Indian Commodities, while basically nutritionally sound, it's full of starches and salt. I have a problem with the salt intake. One doc, a good friend who just happens to be a poditrist, told me that I need to wash all the salt off the veggies. That I can do but I like to dump the can of veggies into the crock pot and turn it on. No more. It's not a bad problem, not like the mooch's gout which was often out of control based on salt and pork, but I am not in the mood for a problem like the mooch. The Cherokee Nation is trying to improve the quality of life and reduce the numbers of Adult diabetics in the nation. Less starches, no light Karo syrup, more veggie choices (potatoes, onions, and carrots). I know that lettuce doesn't last that long but still, it would help. I can't eat 12 pounds of carrots that I have to peel myself. Did you know that my middle name is Lazy?

Where does Naruto find all the nails/screws that he brought with him and decided that he could use his tball bat to hammer them into the walls? He said that he got them at the family's house. He paid 50 cents for nails which are like FIVE inches long. He knows about garage sales. We like to spend a few hours on Saturday morning seeing what is out there (and buying nothing).

For now, the crisis is on the backburner. CPS is still not amused but the house is clean. I even got the chair and the bar stool out of the storage unit. Now I still have to find the one part of the bar stool that is missing. I got new screws to put into them that are neater than the ones that they have in them.

Because Naruto and Elmo can't do anything besides watch tv, mama discombooberated the cable box from the TV. Wouldn't you know that Elmo didn't destroy the DVD player in my room either when I thought he had? This is good. Now I can put them to bed and then watch DVDs in my bed after Elmo goes to sleep on MY bed or the couch. I wonder if the wireless thingamajig will allow me to be online in my room so I can watch tv while on the computer. How far in does this thing go? I have a lot of it sticking out. But if it works, it works. Who can I complain about it working to? No one.

Time to get busy on the kitchen floor and in the fridge. The house looks good. Now if I can keep Naruto's hands off things he doesn't need to handle. We'd all be a lot happier.

4 comments:

LJ said...

things sound calmer today at your house. I am glad. It is great to hear that you were able to get some help with the house and a break from the kids. It is good for them as well as for you. :-)
Now, where can I get one of these 'break' things??? ;-D

onesillymama said...

Your highness, thanks for changing the color of your print; much easier on these old eyes! Awesome friends to come lend a hand. Keep calling on them and us, you hear?

Janet said...

I agree. The font color is much easier! Glad you got some help and a little break. Can one of the kids peel the carrots? Mine argue over who gets to do it. Of course...they argue over anything, LOL!

Hang in there!

Regina said...

Sounds like you are breathing a bit easier - remember that we are always a call or email away!!!

Rinsing the veggies sounds like a good idea -

How terrible is it to try to grow anything there? Could you have a garden with lettuce - or is it just too dang hot and dry (lettuce does not like hot weather)... something to think about for next year - and perhaps something the boys might enjoy learning about??? Just a thought (can you tell I am a gardener! If the squirrels leave my veggies alone I will have some good eats!)

Hugs to you!
Regina