Saturday, July 14, 2007

What a couple of days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why does it take Naruto three hours to go to bed every night? Why does he have to worry about monsters under the bed? He's got every excuse under the sun as to why he can't go to bed when it's bedtime. I spend two hours yelling, "GO TO BED, NARUTO!" every night. He's telling me that it's my bedtime, and it's only 2147. Then his mouth starts running and insulting me.

Today was a horrible day. I could not get through Elmo's intake without someone's mouth interrupting. "I'm bored." "Can we go home now?" Does he not think that maybe Elmo is as important to me as he himself is? Maybe not because all I do is basically yell at him. Naruto is so frustrating. It was nice to have the therapist tell me that I basically have two toddlers to take care of by myself. Naruto is seven but acts like he's four. Elmo is four but probably is two developmentally. She asked if I felt like Elmo was MR. I said if we gave him the appropriate test for his age then he would be MR. I said he might be but for the most part is honestly smarter than Naruto was at that age. Naruto is borderline MR, to be honest. But Elmo is just plain ol' developmentally delayed.

Then bedtime with Naruto is still going on. If he had not destroyed his blinds (I can't find any at WMT to replace them), then he would not be able to see out. I am going to have to put up some sheets over the windows tomorrow so he will go to bed. I might not be able to sleep tonight...if he doesn't sleep, then Mama won't be able to sleep. I have to take him on Wednesday when he goes to Prodigy to see his Hastings doc. His meds are not working. I can't even admit him into an inpatient program to get his meds and himself under control because he's not old enough to go alone. The only program open to him is his current progam. I might have to call Dr Misty Boyd at the Cherokee Behavioralists place to see if there is a place where I can send him until these major problems are undercontrol. I'm just tired of the nightly fight.

I finally get my intake tomorrow. I got the call right before yoga tonight telling me it would be at 0915 but no kids. No problem! They will be at daycare around 0800. I think I'm going to get me some breakfast at McD. But it is finally happening. I'm not sure why it took THREE WEEKS to get it together. It moved quickly when they realized that I do have insurance until the end of the month. Naruto's therapist told me today that they are going to try and get me in to see the doc about meds before they get Naruto in. I hope that I can go to bed and get some sleep because it's going to be after 1100 before I can get home and to bed. I really would like to go to step tomorrow at 1530. Pilates has been cancelled tomorrow night.

Friday started off bad. I got into it with CPS's CHUBS woman. Why she does not understand autism and the co-morbids? Instead, she's too busy telling me that "I'm the mother" but I won the battle by allowing Naruto wear his yellow satin shorts for the third day in a row. While he was gone, I was able to get a lot of work done that I could not have gotten done with Naruto and Elmo home. Which is more important: Naturo in clean shorts (he had a clean body, underwear, and shirt on) or the house being cleaned, including all of the laundry washed, folded, and put away except for my load of clothes. Then on Saturday, Naruto wore the same shorts we had argued over on Friday. He was able to choose between all of his shorts on Saturday when I had handed him a pair on Thursday (we argued) and then again on Friday. I really wish that CHUBS understood what in the HELL being the parent of an autistic child meant. She's not autistic nor are her kids. Forget what it means as an adult.

Talked to CPS person on Saturday. She's, provided that I can get the help I need by September 18th and take my meds, going to close the case. But I have to have a stable mental issue. It's easier when the kids are not at home, either at school or at daycare. The meds are not working worth a crap. Sometimes, they do. They worked on Wed and Thurs but not over the weekend and definately today. The kids were home all five days. What is the difference between the five days? I know I was yelling at Naruto from the moment I woke up. On Thursday, I was up before the kids were. I really do not know if that made that big a difference. Might have. Might not have. We stayed home all day on Saturday. Was that a big thing?

I need to make a pumpkin pie for tomorrow night. Going to dinner with some friends of mine. They are celebrating pioneer days. We are supposed to make foods like they would have back in the middle 1800s. I think that it might be fun, provided that they have someone to take care of kids. I have to take mine. There is no telling if David will be home from work so that he can take care of his kids and mine. I'll just take mine with me. If we have to go home, we have to go home. But it will get us out of the house for a couple of hours.

The boys have a computer. It's still in the box and sitting in the spare room. I have games that I could put on for them but they do not understand the rules of the house. I can't have them on a pretty nice piece of equipment if they can't follow simple rules and it's got to be limited. Some of the software is for edumational purposes. Naruto really needs all the help he can get. If this will help him, then it will be worth it. But he just needs to follow the rules. I wonder if I can set the computer to go off after an hour or two. That is something to ask my EPM friends who know more about that sort of stuff than I do.

No comments: