Friday, August 24, 2007

It's been OK this week...

Naruto hasn't been sleeping. He and I were up at 1am. I gave him all of his meds when I sent him to bed at 2000. Nothing. Not a minute of sleep. I want my bed back. I want it back from both him and Elmo. "Just get in my bed." Within minutes, he was out cold. Then the fight to get him up and then an even bigger one to get him on the bus. "That is it. I quit." "Naruto, you can't quit. You have to go to school until you are 21 or you graduate, whichever comes first." Legally, the school district is responsible for all kids, especially special needs kids, from 3-21. Since he would argue at 18 that he can now quit, months before he graduates, I had to make it 21. I might keep him in school until he is 21 so that we can optimize his education.

I talked on the phone yesterday with Knits ALot for two hours. She told me that FireRat14 was having some big issues with everything. School. Church. Life. We talked about their upcoming retreat with all the people and started making a plan. The plan might work but it will work better for FireRat then the others have been. She decided on a plan of action and started it. While FireRat14 won't see the doctor before March of next year, Knits said that she could deal with FireRat's issues until then because the therapist was THAT GOOD. Knits found out that DS1 could get speech therapy which he needs. I also suggested to her that she get DS1 evaluated like FireRat. He's got problems while not as bad as FireRat's, they haven't come out like hers have. He's not as old as she is either. I suspect that he's 10/11 to her 14.

Last night was Bingo night at Naruto's school. $5.25 lighter....they had fun. Two pieces of pizza each ($1 each), 2 Sam's Choice pops ($0.50 each), and one bingo card we used over and over ($0.25)...lots of fun. We would have stayed longer but Elmo was bored. He can't play Bingo. He doesn't understand. I really like Naruto's principal. She said that they really enjoy having him at school. "You'll have Elmo next year." "He'll be in Prek?" There is the size factor again. He's so tiny. He is the size of a 3 year old. "He's going to Cherokee for their developmentally delayed PK." I got a look of confusion before she realized that he's older than he looks. Now I need to start the fight with the transportation department to get Elmo a carseat on the bus.

I just called the transportation department. No answer. Do I wait for the IEP meeting for Elmo or do I start the fight? Do I call the Board of Education and start requesting it? Do I talk to someone in the Super's office? Do I wait until the bus is in an accident and something happens to Elmo? They have a really nice guy as the bus driver. He's cautious, I will give him that. But there are other idiots on the road. Elmo and Naruto are my most prized possessions...if you can call them that. They are what I value the most. I might be money poor, but I'm very love rich.

One of the best things about the Tahlequah Public Schools is that they literally have an Elementary/Middle school time and then a high school time. PK goes from 0810-1430. K-8 goes from 0810 to 1510 every day. High school goes from 0830-1530. The high school is no where near the elementary schools but I'm not sure about the middle school. They run two bus schedules as well. If Elmo and Naruto rode the regular school bus, they would be on the bus with kids from K-8th grades. Elmo would ride the PK bus. I rode the bus from third grade to graduation with all grades on it. I was 18 and riding the same bus with 5 year olds. When I was in the third grade, that was very stressful to me. I never mentioned it to the parents but they would never have understood my problems. I watched a lot of kids grow up on that bus. But this is better. Much better.

The SSA appointment could have gone better. I got the report that she wrote for CPS and the courts. I didn't realize I have an IQ of 90. I was told that it was 143 when I was tested in the 7th grade. She never did an IQ test on me then, but it was there. When I was seen about being autistic, I went through two hours of IQ testing. I'm very bright. Right now, I don't care what the idiot says. I know what I am. I know what MG and Dr J say. She didn't know what had changed from Jan to August. I still think that she doesn't get it and will tell the SSA that. I was manic. I was glad when I got the hell out of there so I could take my meds so I could feel better. I don't like that feeling. I felt so out of control. Stress was going to get to me. How in the world did I survive all the hell I've been through without knowing the bipolar diagnosis? How did I survive without the meds?

Elmo and Naruto have been really good about the DVD recorder in the living room. Elmo doesn't understand that he just can't open it up and take out the DVD. But Naruto doesn't bother it much. I don't mind the "play" button being pushed, but it's the concept. I hope I can get into the storage unit. It's time for them to get back their game systems. But I will not tell them until I get them out. They can go back in there if Naruto insists on playing it at all hours of the day and night. They have been really good with their computer. IF Elmo would leave the monitor menus alone, it will be much better. But that is an Elmo issue. He doesn't get to play on it. Naruto dominates it. I might need to change Elmo's times so that he can get an hour here and there. They love the Cars game!!

Can I say I'm glad that school is back in session? Inspite of the fight with Naruto almost every morning over "do I have to go?", "I want to go to Elmo's school.", "I hate Ms P.", I am so happy. Elmo loves to go. Naruto doesn't want to go because it is back to the routine. Regression yelling so loudly. I think once he is there, he really enjoys it but it's getting him there that is the problem. Weekends are the worst times for us. No school. Too much togetherness. I look forward to being home alone. I look forward to them coming home. But by Sunday afternoon, I'm ready to scream. Thank goodness for the relief meds that Dr J got me. I will definately need them on Sunday afternoon. Might need them on Saturday as well. I'll take it tomorrow at noon and see how I do.

I need to get to the gym. I haven't been this week. I haven't felt good. This heat is killing me. Draining me. Dealing with Naruto and Elmo while there is getting to me. I love to go. I enjoy myself when I'm there. It's just the sick feeling. Monday night's dinner sat on my stomach heavily. It was horrible. Maybe I need to go around 1300. Then I'd have no kids. It's still the heat of the day, but some of the stress/dread won't be there.

1 comment:

The Bear Maiden said...

My dearest Princess Grace!

For what it's worth... I'm proud of you. You have come a LOOOONG WAY, lady! I know it's rough, but within the context of your life, it's better than it has been... cuz at least you don't have that EXTRA baggage.

Hang in there...